How to use hymns to worship God – Traditional hymns are praise and worship church hymns used in church services to praise and worship God. Therefore, in this post we present to you list of traditional and church hymns that have endured for ages. They are the most popular and uplifting hymns.
The focus of this post:
Time is going and modernization is changing things including these traditional hymns. In fact, many organizations are now coining their own worship hymn which is also good. But, then, the impact is that the use of these traditional hymns is being minimized. This post tends to bring to our remembrance these hymns and their usages again. Please, read on.
As a matter of fact, these hymns used to worship God in churches are mostly traditional hymns that are enlisted in the following hymnals.
- Baptist Hymnal
- The English Hymnal
- New English Hymnal
- Seventh day Adventist Hymnal
- Lutheran Hymnal
- Anglican Ancient and Modern Hymns
- The United Methodist Hymnal
Some Hymns of Praise:
Do you remember some of the praise hymns of yesteryears? Look; we have some of them here. So, check out the list below.
- Amazing Grace
- How Great Thou Art
- Blessed Assurance
- Be Thou My Vision
- Abide with Me
- Crown Him with Many Crowns
- How Great Thou Art
- In Christ Alone
- Be Still, For The Presence Of The Lord
- Dear Lord And Father Of Mankind
- And Can It Be
More hymns here!
- Guide Me, O Thou Great Redeemer/Jehova
- Make Me A Channel Of Your Peace
- The Day Thou Gavest, Lord, Is EndedJerusalem
- Great Is Thy Faithfulness
- Shine Jesus Shine (Lord, The Light Of Your Love Is Shining)
- Love Divine, All Love Excelling
- Be Thou My Vision
- I Vow To Thee My Country
- When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
- What A Friend We have In Jesus.
Do you still remember them? How do you feel singing any of them even in your closet? That’s good my dear. They help to build ones faith in Christ.
Related Searches for How to use hymns to worship God
Furthermore, here are some of the searches we made to help you benefit from this post. Can you search our Webpages for these related posts? Just use our search button on the top of this page.
- What is the Bible saying about Music
- How do I benefit from hymns?
- What is the importance of worship songs?
- How do we use psalms to worship God
- What we learn from hymns
- How my faith grows through praise worship.
- The use of classical music identified in worship services.
- What is a spiritual song?
- Can we worship with music?
- How does music help you pray better and draw closer to God?
- This is how music help Christians get closer to God?
The tradition program of singing and music in church services:
As a matter of fact, this is common with the protestant churches. Therefore, in most of their service programs there is significant time given to the singing of songs and hymns.
One important attribute of these traditional singing is that it helps to unite the congregation. In fact, it gives the members common purpose.
That was why St. Paul in the New Testament points to the importance of singing. And so he writes in Colossians 3:16;
” Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly. As you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Singing to God with gratitude in your hearts” .
The importance of hymn singing:
As a matter of fact, hymn singing is important in a number of ways:
This is true. Because, Christian songs and hymns reveal the truths of what they are signing in God-man relationship. And that continues to teach them more about God.
Again, songs and hymns contain notable Christian virtues that help Christians correct one another. These are embedded in the words of the songs which make them examine their lives against the words they sing.
In fact, songs and hymns help Christians to worship God aright. That is one way to thank Him for the good things He has done for them.
Praise Worship Prayers:
In that your sited or standing place, can you raise your hands and praise God, saying;
- My Lord and my Father, I adore you.
- My Father, my Father, I praise your name above all other names!
- Oh God! I thank you for your power in my life.
- My Lord and saviors, you alone is God and I worship you this moment.
- As a worshiper of God, can you again raise your voice and say, Father, I praise you for:
- Being God and sovereign over all creations.
- Defending and protecting me each daily.
- Creating and sustaining my life by your breath.
- Jesus Christ, your son and his work on the cross.
- Your mercies and unending love that you pour upon me each day.
- Going before me at all times and keeping me safe and secured.
- Caring and hearing my prayers and being in relationship with me.
- Being my refuge, fortress and strength in this ever-changing world.
- Your willingness in offering yourself to me.
- Supplying all my needs. And this I trust that you care more for me than I can fathom.
These praise prayers will bring solutions to those challenges you now remember. Please, share your testimonies with on on our comment box below. Like and follow us on our Facebook platforms for further notes. You can get more inspirations here.
Read Also for How to use hymns to worship God
The following posts will help you get further into the subject matter on hand. They are mostly articles on this website to help you grow spiritually. So, click them to read.
- This is What Saith the scriptures?
- Standing on the Promises of God
- Gospel Pulpit: See how life flows out of it
- Gospel Summit: This is how it works
- Family Gospel: The Family is Essential to God’s Plan
- Family Gospel: This is how it works
- Gospel Evangelism: Here are the types here
- Gospel Evangelism: This s the way of salvation
Summing Up on How to use hymns to worship God
This post on How to use hymns to worship God reveals the Traditional hymns , praise and worship songs churches use in their services to praise and worship God. This post also has revealed sources of these traditional hymns. Other of our posts on modern songs are found in our Music category. So you may wish to click here for them.
For further updates on our articles, you have to bookmark this page. And if you need help you click here.
How to partner with us:
This is by developing a spiritual connection. It’s also about coming together to deepen your emotional bond.
Therefore, spiritual partners use their delightful experiences together as well as their power struggles to learn about themselves and change themselves. So, it’s how to fix a relationship spiritually. In fact, this is a new way to live which gives room to a new way to create together. This is the mindset for evangelism and mission outreaches.
I hope you understood the last paragraph of this post. So, with that in mind you can reach us on +234 7015299323 (Sokoto) or +234 8036485202 (Abuja). Or still with the email on this webpage.